In the past 20 years, with the development of digitization, automation, computer, and mechanical design technology, and the great emphasis on welding quality, automatic welding has developed into an advanced manufacturing technology. Automatic welding
equipment has played a role in the application of various industries. The role is increasing, and the scope of application is rapidly expanding. In modern industrial production, the mechanization and automation of the welding production process is
an inevitable trend of the modernization and development of the welding mechanism manufacturing industry.
Chinese name Automatic welding equipment Foreign name Automatic welding equipment Compared with digitalization, automation, computer development constitutes welding power supply, etc.
table of Contents
3 Application and value of automatic welding equipment in all-position welding
4 Common welding defects and prevention strategies of automatic welding equipment
According to the degree of automation, automatic welding equipment can be divided into the following three categories:
1. Rigid automated welding equipment Rigid automated welding equipment can also be called primary automated welding equipment, most of which are designed according to the principle of open loop control. Although the entire welding process is automatically completed by the welding equipment, the closed-loop feedback system cannot be used for the fluctuation of welding parameters during the welding process, and random deviations cannot be corrected.
2. Adaptive control of automatic welding equipment
Adaptively controlled welding equipment is a highly automated welding equipment. It is equipped with sensors and electronic detection circuits to automatically guide and track the weld trajectory and implement closed-loop feedback control of the main welding parameters. The entire welding process will be completed automatically according to preset procedures and process parameters
3.Intelligent automatic welding equipment
It uses various advanced sensing elements, such as vision sensors, tactile sensors, hearing sensors and laser scanners, etc., and with the help of computer software systems, databases and expert systems have identification, judgment, real-time detection, calculation, automatic programming, welding parameters Ability to store and automatically generate welding log files. 
The composition of automatic welding equipment:
1. The welding power source, its output power and welding characteristics should match the intended welding process method, and is equipped with an interface connected to the main controller.
2. Wire feeder and its control and speed regulation system. For wire feeder with high requirements for wire feed speed control accuracy, its control circuit should be added with speed feedback.
3. The welding head uses its moving mechanism, which is composed of a welding head, a welding head support frame, a hanging carriage, etc. It is a precision welding head mechanism, and its drive system should use a servo motor with an encoder
4. Welding parts movement or displacement mechanism, such as welding roller frame, head and tail frame turning machine, rotary platform and positioner, etc., precision mobile displacement mechanism should be equipped with servo motor drive
5. Weldment clamping mechanism
6. The main controller, also known as the system controller, is mainly used for the linkage control of each component, the control of the welding program, the setting, adjustment and display of the main welding parameters. If necessary, control functions such as fault diagnosis and human-machine dialogue can be extended.
7, computer software, computer software commonly used in welding equipment are: programming software, functional software, process software and expert systems, etc.
8. Welding head guidance or tracking mechanism, automatic arc voltage controller, welding gun pendulum and monitoring system
9. Auxiliary devices, such as wire feeding system, circulating water cooling system, flux recovery and conveying device, wire support, cable hose and towline mechanism structure design, electrical control design three major parts.
10. Welding robot, also called mechanical arm, is an important part of automatic welding equipment. Its main tasks include: welding, cutting, thermal spraying, and handling.
Application and value editing of automatic welding equipment in all-position welding
First, the automatic welding equipment is used in all-position welding. The welding execution part is driven by a rotary pair to flexibly and reasonably change the attitude of the welding gun, which is beneficial to the all-position welding work. At the same time, the motor power can be reduced when driving the same welding execution components. In application, it is better to install the sensor at the welding position on the final reduction shaft to detect the position of the welding gun. With this installation method, the control accuracy is relatively high. In addition, by means of this memory on fully automatic welding equipment, parameters of some welding processes and welding seam tracking control programs are stored, and the welding process parameters are stored in the arc welding power source, thereby making the advantages of the arc welding power source even more Make good use of it, and through the cooperation of the two, effectively solve various quality problems that may occur in all-position automatic welding operations.
Second, the welding gun is driven by a stepper motor (stepper motor is an open-loop control element stepper motor that converts electrical pulse signals into angular displacement or linear displacement). This motor can The digital input pulse model is effectively converted and converted into a rotary motion. The component itself has a high accuracy, which not only does not cause drift problems, but also does not have problems such as cumulative errors. The application of this component in all-position welding not only does not change the speed, but also controls the frequency signal more stable, and the welding gun displacement is more accurate.
Third, in the all-position welding operation, the organic combination of the welding head and the arc welding power source can not only achieve the purpose of all-position automatic welding, but also reduce the price of automatic welding equipment to a certain extent. In this way, not only automatic welding can be achieved, but also semi-automatic welding can be implemented with the help of an arc welding power source and the use of a semi-automatic welding gun. 
Common welding defects of automatic welding equipment and prevention strategy editing
First, the stomata. When applying automatic welding equipment in all-position welding, air holes are a relatively common problem. There are many reasons for this problem, such as the cause of the welding material itself, improper operation, and environmental reasons. In view of this, in order to effectively prevent this problem, the gas protection should be strengthened when welding is carried out. The welding temperature must not be too high. The gas should be filled in strict accordance with the proportion and related requirements to ensure that the filling purity meets the requirements. At the same time, we must also pay attention to the environment around the welding site. If the wind speed of the construction site exceeds 8 meters per second, a windproof shed should be used for protection, and the environmental humidity should not be excessive. In addition, to ensure that the welding position is kept dry, a ring flame heater or an intermediate frequency induction heater can be used for heating.
Second, it is not fused. In welding, the problem of non-fusion often occurs in the vertical welding position. The reasons for this problem include the incorrect shape of the bead grinding, the deviation from the weld seam during welding, or the width of the welding gun swing is not reasonable. In view of this, during the welding process, when welding bead grinding is performed, it should be polished as smooth as possible. At the same time, before welding, the wire should be carefully observed to see if the swing width is correct. In addition, during the welding process, if it is found that the welding pool and the center of the bead deviate, adjustments should be implemented in time to avoid non-fusion problems. 
1. Flexible and diverse soldering methods, supporting spot welding and drag welding (pulling welding) at the same time. All process parameters of automated soldering equipment can be set by the customer to adapt to various difficult soldering operations and micro soldering processes. All soldering parameters can be accompanied Point coordinate programs are read and saved to realize the flexibility of soldering operations.
2. The soldering iron components can be adjusted at any angle and orientation. The R axis of the soldering iron group can be controlled to rotate 360 degrees freely. The number of soldering times, preheating time and soldering time can be set arbitrarily according to different pads and components to achieve a board A variety of complex soldering processes for solder joints to diversify solder operations.
3. Four-axis / five-axis linkage manipulators and automatic soldering equipment all use servo drive and advanced motion control algorithms to effectively improve the positioning accuracy and repeatability of the end-of-movement tip and achieve accurate positioning of any solder joint in 3D space.